Based in Tilburg, Netherlands
Steam: May 11 2015 - Xbox One: March 4, 2016 - PlayStation 4: March 8, 2016
|Steam||£10.99 / $14.99 / €14.99|
|Xbox One||£11.99 / $14.99 / €14.99|
|PlayStation 4||£11.99 / $14.99 / €14.99|
Run, jump and butt-slide into the glorious toy-filled world of Action Henk! Become a master of momentum and defy physics as you race against a band of ragged 90s action figures to once and for all prove that Action Henk is the fastest of them all!
The lightning fast, nostalgia loving Action Henk began as a simple prototype released into the wild in 2013. As a direct result of the overwhelming reception, RageSquid widely expanded Action Henk throughout Steam Early Access, coming to full release on May 11th 2015. Action Henk is now even playable on Xbox One and Playstation 4 with polished visuals, much-requested local multiplayer, and a full cast of fancy ragged 90's action figures.
- Challenging levels: Tackle over 70 unique levels filled with jumps, slides, and tricky shortcuts. Can you master every twist and turn to beat your friends and gain your rightful place on the leaderboards?
- Level editor: Open up Henk's toybox and construct dazzling levels only limited by your own imagination! Share your tracks with the world, and race your way through vast amounts of user created content! (PC only)
- Challenge your friends: Load up your favorite levels and race against your friend's ghosts to see who is truly the best! Beat their times and instantly send them a notification to rub in your newly gained victory. Up for a real challenge? Use the built-in Twitch chat integration to take on your viewer’s ghosts! (PC only)
- Unlockable characters: Play as the slightly out-of-shape Action Henk or any of the five unlockable action figures, and play through the singleplayer campaign and bonus levels to earn a full toy wardrobe of distinctive skins!
- Online Multiplayer: Tired of your local friends? Jump onto the internet for real-time races against speed fanatics all around the world! (PC only)
- Local multiplayer: Get fully old-school with your friends or enemies on the couch! Pick your favorite character to scream, shout, and high-five your way to the finish line.
- Bouncing beats: A pumping soundtrack by demoscene musician Wiklund, a profesionally voiced cast of ragged 90s action figures, and sound design by the critically acclaimed Power Up Audio.
Action Henk - Launch Trailer on YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Entertainment Game Design" Dutch Game Awards 2014
- "Nominated: Best PC/ Console game " Dutch Game Awards 2014
- "Killscreen playlist selection" Killscreen
- "Selected for Indie Prize Showcase " Casual Connect 2015
- "... massively fun and replayable."
- Nathan Grayson, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "It's lightning fast, a color riot, packed with funny obstacles and boosters."
- Colin Campbell, Polygon
- "It's near-impossible to resist."
- Chris Priestman, Kill Screen
- "It's the closest thing to a proper Sonic game I've played since 1994."
- Lewie Procter, Warp Door
- "Action Henk takes the best bits of Sonic's design [...] and expands it into a full-length game."
- Chris Plante, The Verge
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
RageSquid allows for the contents of Action Henk to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Action Henk is legally & explicitly allowed by RageSquid. This permission can be found in writing at http://ragesquid.com/press/sheet.php?p=action_henk.
Check out a sneak preview of Action Henk's music, made by Wiklund! soundcloud.com.
The lightning fast, nostalgia loving Action Henk began as a simple prototype released into the wild in 2013. ragesquid.com.
RageSquid is an entertainment studio from the Netherlands with a party HQ situated in Utrecht, The Netherlands. We make games in our own way and try to entertain people in every way we can.
More information on RageSquid, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Action Henk Credits
Game Code & Design
Gabrian van Houdt
Marketing & PR
Power Up Audio
Noud van Miltenburg
Effects & Videos
Trevor van Hoof
Tools & Shaders
Level Design Intern